For anyone committed to better support and services for babies, children, youth, and families in King County …
For anyone committed to thriving, healthy communities …
For anyone looking to connect with others working on similar goals …
The upcoming Best Starts for Kids annual summit offers an opportunity to share your experiences and reflect on the challenges we’ve faced and overcome this past year.
Summit Keynote Speakers include:
- Sheila Capestany, Strategic Advisor for Children and Youth, will kick the Best Starts for Kids summit off with an official welcome
- King County Executive Dow Constantine, the driving force behind Best Starts for Kids since the initiative’s inception in 2015
- Olu Dixon, an inspirational youth speakerand accomplished youth actor, dancer, and entrepreneur currently studying at the Baltimore School for the Arts
- Rashad Norris, an Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Injustice Consultant with over 15 years of experience engaging with Black and Brown youth, young men of color, and incarcerated youth
Best Starts for Kids is a King County initiative approved by voters in 2015. It strengthens families and communities so that babies are born healthy, children thrive and establish a strong foundation for life, and young people grow into happy, healthy adults. Public Health — Seattle & King County helps implement Best Starts for Kids.
- Registration: Free online registration is now open. Attendees can choose one or all of the workshops and summit events.
- More information: Read about keynote speakers and 20 breakout sessions on the Best Starts for Kids blog
Originally published April 19, 2021