Patty Hayes, Director of Public Health – Seattle & King County, will share her passion for public health during a live Q & A session via Periscope, a live-streaming video app, as part of Public Health Week (April 4-8). Tune-in on Tuesday, April 5 from 12:00 – 12:30 pm! The Periscope app will allow you to ask questions and interact with Patty from a mobile device (you can also watch from a desktop). Here’s how:
OPTION 1: To watch and interact in real-time from iOS (Apple) or Android device:
Before the broadcast:
- Download the Periscope app (free) from the iTunes App Store or Google Play Store.
- Sign up on the Periscope app using a Twitter account or your mobile phone number.
- Follow Public Health’s Periscope feed: Tap the People Tab (icon with 3 little heads), then tap the magnifying glass icon and enter KCPubhealth. Tap the “+” icon to follow us.
At the time of the broadcast (April 5 at 12:00 pm):
- Open the TV icon in the Periscope app and click on the KCPubhealth broadcast to view live.
- To ask a question or comment: tap on the “Say something” prompt on the bottom of the screen and type. We’ll be watching the screen for your questions!
- If you like what you hear, just tap on the screen to send a heart!
OPTION 2: To watch live if you don’t have an iOS (Apple) or Android device:
You can still watch, even if you don’t have an Apple or Android device using Periscope on Web (however, it doesn’t have interactive features at this time). There are two ways to do this:
- Go to periscope.tv/kcpubhealth at the broadcast time (April 5 at 12:00 pm) and click on the live broadcast. (Make sure you have Flash installed.)
- If you have a Twitter account, find us at @KCPubhealth. We’ll tweet out a link that you can watch on your browser at the broadcast time.
If you are unable to join us at the time of broadcast, we’ll make the video available on our website and other social media platforms for later viewing.