This post was originally published to the Best Starts for Kids blog. Best Starts for Kids is a King County initiative that strengthens families and communities so that babies are born healthy, children thrive and establish a strong foundation for life, and young people grow into happy, healthy adults. Public Health — Seattle & King County helps implement Best Starts for Kids.
Help us make sure all voices are represented in the Best Starts for Kids Health Survey! Best Starts for Kids is now in its fourth year and things are changing in our communities. The Best Starts for Kids Health Survey questions are designed to help Best Starts for Kids better understand those changes. Parenting is hard work, and it is our hope that learning about your experiences as a parent, child’s health, family strengths, and community supports will help Best Starts for Kids build on strengths and meet needs for families across King County.
Read more on the Best Starts Blog about the 7 things families should know about the Kids Health Survey.
Pass it on! We would appreciate you sharing the survey web link with parents and caregivers with children 5th grade or younger. The survey is open until September 2 and is available to take online in Chinese, English, Russian, Somali, Spanish, and Vietnamese.
We need your help to increase survey participation from members of these communities:
- Families with children who identify as American Indian or Alaska Native; Black or of African descent; Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander.
- Families who speak Mandarin or Cantonese, Vietnamese, Somali, or Russian.
- Parents or caregivers who identify as LGBTQIA or Two-Spirit
- Families who are experiencing poverty
- Families with children with special needs
Your survey answers provide important information about how our youngest children and their families are doing. Over time, the survey helps us track whether our efforts are making a difference in the health of King County children.
Findings will continue to be shared several ways:
- On the Best Starts for Kids Health Survey website and interactive indicators page
- Through the Best Starts Blog
- In-person opportunities called Data Dives
- You can always contact BSK.Data@kingcounty.gov for updates!
On behalf of all Best Starts for Kids staff and supporters, thank you for your participation and dedication to children and families!