Cross-posted from BestStartsblog.com
We know that parenting is hard work. Help shape Best Starts for Kids investments by sharing your insight. The Best Starts for Kids survey is open until January 27th! How is childcare working or not working for you? Do your kids get the check-ups they need? What are ways that we can support families?
This survey is for parents and caregivers with children 5th grade or younger, including parents with infants.
Chinese (traditional characters), Russian, Somali, Spanish, Vietnamese, and English.
We value all voices in this survey, and we’ve identified a few groups we still haven’t heard loudly:
- Families with children who identify as American Indian or Alaska Native, Black or African American, Hispanic/Latino, Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander
- Children with parents or caregivers who speak Somali or Vietnamese
- Children experiencing or at risk of homelessness, children with developmental disabilities, children with involvement in the child welfare system, and children with parents who identify as LBGTQ.
There are resources at stake, and it is very important that the voice of our community is well-represented in the survey.
Findings will be shared several ways:
- On the BSK Health Survey website in the summer of 2017
- Through an interactive website, or “dashboard” (under development)
- Social media and the BSK blog
- In-person opportunities will be announced on the BSK blog
- You can always contact Data@kingcounty.gov for updates!
On behalf of all BSK staff and supporters, thank you for your participation and dedication to children and families!
Originally posted on January 23, 2017