Over the past couple of years, this blog has become a primary communications channel. But, we’re ready to take things to the next level – with LIVE video broadcasts via Periscope.We hope this new offering will allow you to more easily interact with our experts and to get news faster.
Periscope is an app that not only shares live video streams with followers, it lets those followers react, respond and pose questions in real time. But, while new technologies offer great opportunities, we know they can be intimidating. We’ve got you covered.
To join us, simply follow the directions below.
OPTION 1: To watch and interact in real time from iOS (Apple) or Android device:
Before the broadcast:
- Download the Periscope app (free) from the iTunes App Store or Google Play Store.
- Sign up on the Periscope app using a Twitter account or your mobile phone number.
- Follow Public Health’s Periscope feed: Tap the People Tab (icon with 3 little heads), then tap the magnifying glass icon and enter KCPubhealth. Tap the “+” icon to follow us.
At the time of the broadcast:
- Open the TV icon in the Periscope app and click on the KCPubhealth broadcast to view live.
- To ask a question or comment: tap on the “Say something” prompt on the bottom of the screen and type. We’ll be watching the screen for your questions!
- If you like what you hear, just tap on the screen to send a heart!
OPTION 2: To watch live if you don’t have an iOS (Apple) or Android device:
You can still watch, even if you don’t have an Apple or Android device using Periscope on Web (however, it doesn’t have interactive features at this time). There are two ways to do this:
- Go to periscope.tv/kcpubhealth at the broadcast time and click on the live broadcast. (It tends to work best on Google Chrome. Make sure you have Flash installed.)
- If you have a Twitter account, find us at @KCPubhealth. We’ll tweet out a link that you can watch on your browser at the broadcast time.